Shipping Law & Bills of Lading
Know the implications of delivery of cargo without presentation of the original Bill of Lading, the Full Set rule, the shipping conventions and laws including limitation of liability and time-bars, among other issues.
- Know the basic conventions & shipping laws.
- Examine the underlying shipping laws (Hague, Hague-Visby, Hamburg Rules) pertaining to Carriage of Goods.
- Preview of the “Rotterdam Rules”.
- Understand the roles and functions of the B/L.
- Explore the contractual implications of B/L clauses.
- Learn the rights and responsibilities of all parties to a B/L.
- Examine the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act.
- Examine developments of electronic documentation.
- Know the implications of Letters of Indemnity / Guarantee.
- Learn how to avoid shipping and B/L frauds.
- Know basic cargo claims, limitations and time-bars.
- Review / analyse legal precedents and relevant real world cases.
Trade financiers, commodity traders and people who are involved in shipping, transport, logistics, import/export documentation, operations, freight management, traffic purchasing and materials management.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.