Project Cargo Logistics Management
Learn how to plan and execute a project move, and the legal aspects of Liability, Insurance and Claims handling in multi-modal moves and the use of GANTT Charts, CPA, Lashcon, Loadouts, Ballasts, etc.
1. What is Project Cargo?
– Heavy Lifts
– Large Format
– Out of Gauge
2. Ship Types & Ship Modes:
– Cargo Must fit Ship and Ship Must Fit Cargo
– Liner Versus Charter
– Charter Parties
3. Planning For A Project Movement:
– Establishment Of Procedures
– Selection And Organization Of A Project Staff
– Record Keeping Considerations
– Managing Paper Flow
– Automation Options
– Management Exception Reports
– Critical Milestone Tracking
– License Screening
– Tonnage Flow
– Adherence To Contract
– Quality Control Considerations
– Communicating With The Jobsite
4. Load Out & Preparation Surveys:
– Cargo Engineering Specifications
– Mode(S) Of Transport Used In Movement
– Transit Point(S) Surveys
– Types Of Lifting/ Moving Equipment
8. Voyage Planning:
– Security Standards (IMO & SOLAS)
– Speed and Stability of Vessel
– Shipping Route/Area
– Weather/Sea Conditions
9. Legal Aspects Of Liability And Damage Control
10. Projects Study And Example
Trade financiers, commodity traders and people who are involved in shipping, transport, logistics, import/export documentation, operations, freight management, traffic purchasing and materials management.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.