Maritime & Shipping Contracts For Non-Lawyers
(Effective Contract Preparation & Negotiation)
In your day-to-day operations and business dealings, you would invariably come into contact with Contracts/Agreements as well as Terms & Conditions contained in many business documents.
Would you like to:
- Understand crucial elements of Contracts / Agreements
- Know your Liabilities, Limitations, Penalities, etc.
- Learn various ways of recovery and loss prevention
- Avoid costly mistakes to your business
Avoid common mistakes and pitfalls in drafting contracts that can cause your company millions in losses. Gain a detailed appreciation of the crucial elements and concepts of contract law and contract formation. Understand and manage key provisions of contracts relating to liability, indemnity limitations, time bars, penalties, damages, caps, jurisdiction, and Law clauses which can make or break a contract. Topics include structuring and building the contract, offer, acceptance, common contract clauses, safeguarding IP, patents, rights and copyrights, testing, variation and confidential provisions. Examines the “Contra proferentem” rule.
- Pre-Contractual Matters and Elements Of A Contract
- Offer and Acceptance
- Crucial Terms and Clauses In Commercial Contracts
- Form and Layout Of Contracts
- Identifying and Mitigating Contractual Risks
- Effective Contract Language
- Effective Contract Execution
- Enforceability Of Contracts
- Specific Situations and Terms
- Force Majeure and Frustration Of Contracts
- Managing Breaches Of A Contract
- Remedies For A Breach Of Contract
- Negotiating And Managing Contracts
- Hands-On Exercise: Drafting A Contract
- Court and Situational Case Studies
Exporters, Importers, Trade Financiers, Commodity Traders, Contract Administrators / Managers, Purchasing / Procurement Officers, Claims Personnel, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Project Managers, Finance & Bank Personnel.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.