Learn all about charter parties and the legal aspects of chartering and avoiding pitfalls. Detailed discussion of clauses from selected charter parties including GENCON, COA, BARECON, and BALLTIME.
- Gain an insight into the cargo freight, shipbroking and futures markets.
- Learn the standard charter contracts.
- Learn how to enter into and read charter parties.
- Know the various C/P Bill of Lading rights and responsibilities.
- Understand the roles and rights of Owner, Charterer, Master and other parties to a charter.
- Learn the disruptive elements in a charter.
- Learn how to handle and resolve disputes.
- Review / analyse legal precedents and relevant real world cases.
Exporters, importers, trade financiers, commodity traders, shipowners, shipbrokers, ship financiers and bank personnel.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.