Maritime & Shipping Frauds
Clever things that people do to cheat in business and how not to be the next victim!
Frauds involving Letters of Credit, Bills of Lading, marine insurance, shipping indemnities & guarantees, scuttling, hijacking, phantom ships & cargo, piracy, and many other real cases.
- Fraudulent shipping documents.
- Letters of Credit frauds.
- Different types of Bills of Lading and fraudulent practices connected to them.
- Delivery without Bills of Lading – the consequences.
- Marine insurance frauds.
- Shipping indemnities – how valid are they?
- Shipping guarantees – weaknesses, forgeries and clauses examined.
- Piracy and diversion of ships and cargo.
- Phantom ships and cargo.
- Real world fraud cases reviewed and lessons to be learnt include:
– Bank of Nigeria: a victim of documentary scams
– “The Guru Anqad” series: scuttling
– The Patel Fraud cases
– Phantom Cargoes: Madhev Patel’s scam
– Hiap Aik Huat Trading: issue of double sets of Bills of Lading
– … and many other cases.
Professionals from Shipping, Trading, Marketing & Purchasing, and anyone with an exposure in International Trade.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.