Maritime & Shipping Payment Terms (Letters of Credit, etc.)
Learn the entire range of payment options for the Maritime & Shipping Trade including Letters of Credit, Open Account, Deferred Payment, Bonds, Guarantees, Bank Drafts, Telegraphic Transfers, Trust Receipts and Discounting. Also covers Due Diligence, Credit Searches, Frauds, Risks and Remedies.
- Examine the whole spectrum of Payment options for Shipping & Maritime Trades
- Appropriate Payments for particular shipment trades
- Risks in International Trade Finance
- Selection of appropriate Payment method
- Payment Risk Ladder
- Letters of Credit
- Sight, Ussuance, Draft Letters of Credit
- Red Clause, Green Clause
- Revolving Credit
- Irrevocable, Unrestricted, Confirmed
- Issuance, Amendments, Utilisation and Settlement
- Dealing with Discrepancies
- Payment and Letters of Credit Frauds
- Exit/Escape Clauses in Shipping payment agreements
- Sample Payment Settlement Agreements
- DA/DP collections, advantages and risks
- Review/analyse relevant real-world cases / legal precedents / court decisions
… and much more.
Exporters, importers, trade financiers, commodity traders, finance and bank personnel.
About The Trainer
Mr VCS Vardan (LL.B, Barrister-at-Law), who is now a consultant in private practice, has more than 40 years’ experience in various aspects of supply chain management and logistics, and international trade/finance/contracts. He has trained trainers and conducted seminars and workshops from Vietnam to Dubai. He also specializes in Claims Handling consultancy.
Course Fee Coverage
Participants will each receive a printed Course Manual containing Course Slides, Course Notes, Case Studies and other reference materials.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Lunch will be provided.
For more information, please contact us via:
Phone: (+65) 9366 9001
Operating Hours: 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Singapore Public Holidays.
Program is correct at time of printing but is subject to change without notice.
Payment to be made before course commencement and upon issuance of invoice.
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent to participants.
Course Withdrawal By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
- 4 weeks or more before course commencement: 100% refund of course fee.
- 3 weeks before course commencement: 75% refund of course fee.
- 2 weeks before course commencement: 50% refund of course fee.
- 1 week before course commencement / participant is absent: no refund of course fee.
Course Transfer By Participant
Unless otherwise stated, if a participant’s written request for transfer to a subsequent course date is received, a SGD50 administration charge will be incurred.
Course Cancellation By VCS-Trinity Consultants
VCS-Trinity Consultants reserves the right to cancel any program in the event of insufficient enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances.
The full course fee will be refunded or the participant will be transferred to another class.